Friday, February 08, 2008

Normality.

So I think I'm finally conforming. I remember when I wanted to look like this: with piercings.

but now...







I'm actually nervous about this. It feels a lot like taking off the training wheels for the first time. I feel really unsure and exposed.

I guess I'm scared that, without my jewelry, I'll just be like everyone else. There won't be anything distinguisable about me. I won't be unique anymore. Before I got them, I was just another mousy, brown-haired, glasses-wearing, shy girl that nobody really wanted to get to know. There was nothing interesting about me, and I hated myself. That's why I got them in the first place.

I don't know, I feel liberated though. I feel like I'm ready to grow up and leave immaturity behind. Maybe that's what this feeling is; immaturity. It's really immature of me to think that there's nothing unique about me besides what holes I put in my face. I don't know...

I'm hoping for the best. -Joy

2 comments:

Dormiens said...

It's the inside that counts. = )

Anonymous said...

welcome to freedom....... to be who you are.
On reflection : I really think you look better without the lip studs - but then ppl will probably just say that I am old fashioned - but then again, I'm not afraid to be who I am :)

Veronica