Monday, November 12, 2007

nay nay

i'm so busy right now. i'm gonna make a list of things due this week.

1.) Brass and Choir Concert Tonight
2.) Script memorization due tonight
3.) Jubilee Paper due tomorrow done :)
4.) Humanities Dante project due tomorrow
5.) Piano pieces due Wednesday
6.) Study for Interpersonal test Wednesday
7.) Big Huge Theory exam due Friday

The theory exam is four part writing. has to be in a key with greater or equal to 5 sharps/flats ( i chose to start in C# major. ) has to have a lot of other stuff, including two modulations. I hope to modulate to F Major, then a minor key to complete the mode mixture requirement. I need to also have a pivot chord modulation, which i hope to use for the F Major key from C#...but I'm not sure how to do that exactly. I have to have a second Dom7 and a second LT7 chord (one of each, at least), a Neapolitan chord in the best inversion, both a PRIMARY and SECONDARY Augmented 6 chord. (which is the country chords, French German and Italian, and secondary means that they are the same chords of a different key...which is confusing but I will fit it in somehow...)

You know, I look at this and it doesn't seem like a huge thing. It will take all week, I'm sure. It has to make harmonic sense, of course, and I have to include a full analysis (cadences, roman numerals, non chord tones, etc.) but i really think that the analysis will take a longer amout of time than the actual composition. The roman numerals will be easy though, since I know what i'm writing in the first place.

Wow...that's a lot of typing for one assignment.

Anyway, the Jubilee paper is another challenge. It's about the Jubilee year of biblical times in which everyone was given food and shelter and freed of any challenge for one whole year. It's like a big weekend for everyone in which they're allowed all expenses paid for their life for that one year. Beforehand, to prepare for it, they grew a bunch of crops and stuff to feed everyone, obviously, but we also had to read about how we can apply the concept of the Jubilee year to modern times. I've never heard of such a thing, so I'm having a really difficult time applying something so foreign to my life...

Alongside that, I have Dante's inferno, in which we decided to create a children's storybook version of our own interpretation. Another thing, we have rehearsal for the play every night this week at 6:30.......it's bad because I have to go to the Brass and Choir concert tonight and I'm going to have to miss rehearsal....it sucks.
Wish me luck this week. I most likely won't be able to form complete sentences by friday night. <3 Joy

No comments: