Sunday, November 05, 2006

"Christianity. It's like a finger pointing at the moon.
The problem is, they're so busy focusing on the finger... they miss the moon entirely."


This statement, made by a close friend of mine, really makes me think.
I know I'm probably going to get some flack in comments later, but I feel that it's important for me to speak my mind sometimes, right?

A lot of Christians today really are kind of strange. I love God, don't get me wrong. I am someone who believes that the Lord has given us everything and continues to do so. I believe that God wants us to love one another and be good people.
So, the real question is, what kind of Christian would completely shun someone else for reasons that totally oppose their teachings? Whatever happened to "What would Jesus do?"

Today's Christians, they are always so ready to jump on someone, point and scream, "Sinner." I've seen with my own eyes how this works. It's not true for everyone, but there are still a lot that taint the name of Christianity for everyone else.

So, there are the heathen 'sinners' that are exiled...but what about people who are simply of other denominations? or of other religions that praise the same God? What if you are banished, so to speak, and you're of the same exact denomination and religion, but you did one bad thing wrong?
What would Jesus do? Really?

I don't know, maybe I have different beliefs. I don't know. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, it was just on my mind and that quote spoke to me.

Love you all ~Joy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rwar... perfect time to plug a Voltaire song...

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?
lid=80258

now, you have to think of the song in context of a satire, and not literalness...

Joy said...

quit posting crap that has nothing to do with my post, derek.

:/

Anonymous said...

hi joy, i'm sorry that you had the misfortune to meet some poorly behaved Christians....I'm not about to excuse them, but I just wanted to encourage you to look at God instead of man. Christians are just IMPERFECT ppl saved by the grace of God...we can try, and try again, but there will be times when we will fail...

Joy said...

Mhmmm, thank you. What you say makes tons of sense.

^_^ again, let's all forgive.

Anonymous said...

And all the ppl say "amen"...:)

Anonymous said...

Amen~!