Thursday, March 08, 2007

What's going on?

So because of the recent racisim that's been floating around the campus (blegh! BLEGH!!) we had a very important meeting with Dr. Niece today in the Chapel.

...and when I say 'we' I'm referring to the ENTIRE school, teachers, faculty, students, spiders, possums, you name it, and it was crammed in that chapel today.

It was important. I felt moved by the message, and disgusted at the fact that the person who made some racist notes ACTUALLY HAD THE GAUL to write them on stationery with a Psalm scripture printed on it!! UGH!!

This is awful! I can't believe someone would be so rude and disgusting. We're all the same species, for pete's sake!! If we can't love our neighbor, who can we love!?

Anyway, so also today there was a mini rally for unity outside the chapel. Miranda and I went together, they played a song and a few people spoke about what was going on and what should be done.

I'm pissed, however, the thing I can do is to make sure I'm a loving, caring person to my fellow man, and also make sure to report any kind of discrimination against race, country, language, sex, religion, preference, or age. I don't want to see people get hurt anymore!

'One bad apple spoils the whole bunch; However, one good apple is not enough to turn the basket.'

I can surely try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwhh! that's a shame!:(
I'm glad the uni is doing something about it.