Thursday, April 05, 2007

Paradise: This is Our World.

Yet another 'intellectual vomit' from yours truly.
Anyway, today I'm going to tell you about paradise. Not to be confused with Paradise, the big, huge one most...let's call them 'entitled' people like to talk endlessly about, however, a simpler state of the place.

Paradise, the place I'm going to talk about, is anywhere. It's in any condition, any time of day, any temperature, any country. Again, it's anywhere.
It's the place where you are the most happy at the time, I think, rather I know.

For instance, today I felt like death warmed over. I thought my brain was slopping down my throat with the rest of the mucus of my entire body. (Yea, it was as bad as I describe...I'm not being dramatic.) I could NOT get out of bed for the life of me, really. Here it is, 2pm, and I'm finally up, but the point is, my dreams were my paradise today. I slept so soundly, and I felt absolutely nothing in my sleep. It was awesome.
I remember when I was younger, maybe my middle years in high school, my paradise was a constant place. I would sit on a red painted railing in our back yard, overlooking the field, and I would watch the sun set. Before the sun set, sometimes I would lay down in the grass and sleep. I would dream here. This was my paradise. It still is and I can't wait to go back.
When I was very small, about 3 or 4 years old, my Sister, my Dad and I developed the ever-magical 'Talking Room.' To this day, I think it was a magic place where we could have done anything. (Of course, the magic doesn't work as well for adults. If I were to go back, nothing would happen except nostalgia and I would probably be hit in the face with branches.) Although I don't remember all of the adventures we had in the Talking Room, it's a huge part of my childhood.

Anyway, the point of this boring, wordy thing is to show you that, although more 'entitled' people may tell you that you're not good enough, or sneer and look down on you, you still have your paradise, and it's most likely better suited to you than anyone else's paradise would ever be.

No comments: