I remember walking down a cold gravel path.
The river smelled so nice. It was either early spring or late autumn, and Mom had made me wear a sweater.
I chose my favourite one, a green hooded sweater that was made to make the wearer appear to be a cartoon dinosaur, complete with yellow spikes leading down from the hood to a short fabric tail. The singular, long pocket in the front was a convenient place to put hotwheels cars and snacks.
I walked down the path to the little stone house where Grandma Janda lived on our property. The river smell is in my mind as I write this.
I reached the wooden door and knocked. She would always give us these little boxes of raisons that I had with me all the time. Jessica would throw them into the yard; she didn't like them as I did.
I don't think I've had raisons since Grandma passed away. This isn't really on purpose, I just haven't had a reason to consume them.
It's just a memory. The weather today made me think of it.
The river smelled so nice. It was either early spring or late autumn, and Mom had made me wear a sweater.
I chose my favourite one, a green hooded sweater that was made to make the wearer appear to be a cartoon dinosaur, complete with yellow spikes leading down from the hood to a short fabric tail. The singular, long pocket in the front was a convenient place to put hotwheels cars and snacks.
I walked down the path to the little stone house where Grandma Janda lived on our property. The river smell is in my mind as I write this.
I reached the wooden door and knocked. She would always give us these little boxes of raisons that I had with me all the time. Jessica would throw them into the yard; she didn't like them as I did.
I don't think I've had raisons since Grandma passed away. This isn't really on purpose, I just haven't had a reason to consume them.
It's just a memory. The weather today made me think of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment