Today I decided to read a poem I wrote for a contest. The winner gets 500 bucks towards the bookstore, which would be most helpful to my family to get books, ya know?
I have the pre-revised version of my poem.
when i closed the door
and walked away
from that tiny room
where you once slept
peacefully and quiet
i heard a sound
never ran so fast
down the cold floor
six hundred stars
lit my way through
and i ran
to your home
i was the first
to touch you then
i'm not the last
to see you now
this frightning pass
this shining light
i want you here
to see me fly
the buttons stick
the tables spin
the time we had
has turned to dust
mixed with blood
drink it down
with the love
of being alone again
can't i come with?
not this time, you say
and i ran
to your home
i was the first
to touch you then
i'm not the last
to see you now
this world still turns
without you here
come back to home
i want you near
haha, dummies, this isn't the poem i submitted, this is a goofy song I wrote when i was little. haha!
Anyway, wish me luck, because it's become a convo credit, meaning, EVERYONE is going to be there watching me.............>< scary!
<3joy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment